Free consultations available now!
Click here to book your free consultation.
West Byfleet Dental & Implant Centre is committed to service and quality.
We have been successfully placing and restoring dental implants for many years, enabling patients to smile with confidence. At West Byfleet Dental & Implant Centre, when you are investing in your dental health you can be confident that you will be treated by a team of experienced, highly trained professionals.
Dental implants have a very high success rate (92% of implants still function well after 10 years), and they look and feel just like natural teeth.
At West Byfleet Dental & Implant Centre we stand over the quality and care of our work – for your peace of mind we offer a comprehensive guarantee on all our dental treatments.
If you are considering dental implants we would be happy to meet with you for a no-obligation consultation, to discuss whether dental implants might be a suitable treatment for you. We will present all your treatment options to you and provide you with a written plan outlining the number of appointments, duration of treatment and all costs, with no hidden extras.
Why Choose Us for Dental Implants?
We are a friendly and caring practice, and our staff members are true professionals who work hard and do a great job! From your first contact at reception to the oral health care programme offered by our hygiene team post-treatment, we offer a personal level of care suited to your individual needs.
We use Straumann and Nobel Biocare’s Implant Systems, the two market leaders in dental implant treatments. Using the best implants and related equipment allows us to deliver optimum, long lasting results for our patients.
Sterile Technique. These employ similar standards to hospital theatre operations. It is critical to use stringent criteria for achieving a sterile environment in the treatment zone. We routinely wear sterile gowns, cover our patients in sterile drapes and use precise aseptic surgical techniques, minimising risk of any infection or complications during the implant healing period.
Sedation. We are committed to providing you with safe, comfortable and pain-free dental implant treatments. We offer intravenous sedation techniques to help anxious patients relax during the surgical placement of implants.
We provide attentive aftercare to ensure maximum comfort throughout, until you achieve full recovery. Once your treatment is completed you can take advantage of our full-service after care which lasts for years to come.
What is a Dental Implant?
When describing dental implants, the best comparison is to your natural teeth. A natural tooth consists of two parts – the root of the tooth buried below the gum line, and the white enamel that is visible above it. Similarly, a dental implant has the titanium component buried invisibly below the gum, and on top of it the porcelain crown which is matched to the colour of your own teeth. Titanium is extremely strong, resistant to corrosion and well tolerated by the body. When the implant is placed in the jaw, the bone and gum heals around it in a process that can take between three and six months. “Once integration has been established, it is time to attach the porcelain crown on top of the implant. The abutment (connector) can be made from titanium, or from zirconium, which is tooth coloured.
When do we use implants?
- When a patient has a single missing tooth at the front or back (implant crown).
- When a patient has many or all teeth missing (Implant Bridge). It may not be necessary to place one implant for every missing tooth e.g. 3 porcelain teeth can be attached to two implants.
- Under complete dentures. There is an enormous improvement in the fit, comfort and chewing ability of dentures that are attached to implants.
Advantages of dental implants:
- There is a very high success rate (92% of implants still function well after 10 years);
- It’s a conservative treatment – there is no grinding down of adjacent teeth;
- They feel just like your own teeth;
- They never decay;
- They restore proper chewing and full strength of your bite;
- They prevent further bone loss once placed.
Are there any disadvantages?
- They are a higher cost than alternative treatments for replacing missing teeth;
- They require one or more surgical procedures;
- They can take 4-12 months to complete;
- It can sometimes be difficult to control the shape of the gum around the implant, particularly when replacing a single front tooth.